|The Organic Way|
Suddenly feel like pampering yourself and relaxing your way through the day? Most of the time I get the urge to just detoxify whenever I feel sluggish or down, weird enough, sometimes the feeling comes after having a meal. But grabbing another bite of whatever snack is available after having a full meal doesn’t seem right! It feels good, but thinking about it- No.
Then I think about my body and what it really needs, and I get the feeling of wanting to exfoliate in the oddest of moments, usually when I’m at home and got nothing else to do, that’s also the time when I’m too lazy to go to the gym, the pool or anywhere relaxing, so I think to myself I’ll pamper my skin at home! But I find that the facial masks or total body scrubs in stock won’t do it for me.
I did this lately, ‘do it yourself facial mask and body exfoliant’. It’s an all-organic recipe, all the ingredients can easily be found in your kitchen cabinet. But don’t underestimate the power of homemade organic goods, this is extremely rewarding for your body without the added chemicals! Plus, it’s easy!
1/2 cup of Papaya (smashed in a small bowl)
1 tbsp Oatmeal with tbsp hot water (optional)
1L boiling hot water (placed in a pot)
|Papaya Facial Mask|
1. Wash you face with your cleanser.
2. Combine the oatmeal and the smashed Papaya.
3. In a quiet room place the hot water on a flat surface
4. Close your eyes and put your face over the steam for 10 minutes. Let the steam hit your face to open up pores. Put on some music if you want.
5. Dab the sweat from your face and slowly apply the papaya mask with your fingers all over your face. Do this while standing up or lying down.
6. Lie down and relax, put the cucumbers over your eyes and relax for 15-20 minutes until the mask dries.
7. Rinse off thoroughly.
*Your skin will feel softer and smoother. Papaya has whitening properties which will brighten your skin, plus it’s organic and healthy so you don’t have to worry about chemicals.
1/2 cup ground coffee (pulp after brewing can be used too)
2 tbsp olive oil/jojoba oil/any massage oil
2 tbsp sea salt
scented oil (optional)
warm bath water
|Moisturizing Coffee Body Scrub/Exfoliator|
1. Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl:
2. Start off with a warm shower
3. Using any soap for sensitive skin, clean your body lightly.
4. After rinsing, apply the body scrub onto warm skin. Dark spots. Problem areas. Feet.
5. Using a loofah or any cloth, gently scrub in circular motion. Make sure you take your time massaging your skin.
6. Rinse off. Wash off with soap or bath gel. *careful to not clog your drain.
7. Dry off and Apply your favorite body lotion or body butter!
*This perked up my skin. The coffee rejuvenates and exfoliates while the olive oil moisturizes the skin. I’m avoiding drinking coffee nowadays and I find this a great alternative to my coffee addiction! Research shows that this method can tighten up skin as well. Enjoy!
*Drink a glass or two of water before and after.
Once in a while, it’s fun to try out something different, fun and simple. I just started doing this and if I can, I’ll try to do it every week! Hope this helped you out.